Thursday, July 10, 2014

Half the year is over

I began the dreaded revision process on HIS Redemption this week. In other words, you saw the nice American flag wood pallet I painted and my updated website. What you missed was the hours spent trying to utilize WordPress as my main website and blog and all the organization I completed around the house. I also finished another novel. I did firmly plant my rear in the chair and complete two chapters.

Beta readers and critique partners are great assets to an author. They can pat you on the back and give you great ideas on how to improve your story. They can also beat you down until you want to burn your manuscript. Thankfully, even giving bad news, my critique partner and beta readers haven’t brought me to that level, although I do have quite a bit of work in revising my story. Thank you, ladies, for helping make the story more intriguing. I’m adding two more beta readers once these revisions are complete for a fresh perspective. They have tough shoes to fill.

I won Hearts in Vegas (Harlequin super romance) by Colleen Collins (5-star rating on Amazon) and am finally going to read it. What? I promise to read it when I need a break from revising. 

The year is half over. I’ve not held to any of my New Year’s resolutions, and my mom is almost complete with her holiday shopping. How about you? New Year’s resolutions kept? Do you save all year or buy gifts throughout the year for the holidays? Or, do you try to find a way to make your monthly budget stretch more in December while suddenly attempting to meet those resolutions goals?

Now that I’ve added to your minds the stress of holiday shopping and forgotten goals, I wish you a fabulous rest of the week.

It’s logo poker time J.

Sheila’s current website                                The website under construction Sheila's website                              Sheila's website in development
                                    

Let’s feed those addictions! I call it logo poker -
 Follow Sheila on Facebook  Sheila's blog     Friend Sheila on Goodreads     Follow Sheila on Pinterest     Follow Sheila on Twitter    Sheila on Google+   
If you need to draw more cards, I have them for you – Tumblr, LinkedIn, Sulia, Booktropolous…And, I have two of some cards (personal and author).

No comments:

Post a Comment